Update

I have still not been able to start with my sewing projects for my Etsy shop because I went to start on a doll dress yesterday and realized that I didn't have the pedal and cord attachment for my serger.  Oops. My mom looked around for it at home (which is over an hour away) and couldn't find it, so it looks like I will just have to order a new one.  So that means a couple days yet until I can start working on things for my shop.

However, my plan for after work today is to stop by the JoAnn Fabrics which is just around the corner and purchase some fabric for a Regency-era chemise. My Love is busy all evening so I can set aside a good amount of time to get started on this project.  I am debating whether to make that completely hand-sewn for authenticity's sake or not.  I am also curious whether anyone has advice on what kind of fabric to use?  The last one I made was regular cotton, and it was okay, but I'd like to try something different this time.  I was looking at JoAnn's Sew Classic Linen Solid Fabric but I have never used that product and also am not sure how nearly accurate it is. Advice? 

The thing is, coming back to historical costuming, I really want to do it well, and accurately, as well as I can.  So I am in need of all kinds of really good sources and lots of wise advice. 

Also, recommendations for a good Regency era corset/stays pattern?

Wishing you all the best this week! 
~Melanie/Elinor

Comments

Popular Posts