New Etsy Listing


I put aside sewing while I was in college because I was "too busy." Now I'm finding the same applies for after you've graduated and you're working full time plus trying to keep on top of all the other adult responsibilities in life.  So despite my desire to have at least ten doll dresses listed by now, I've only listed two.  Here's the one just listed yesterday


The dress was inspired by the one Anne Hathaway wears at the ball in "Becoming Jane". I ended up detouring with the pattern along the way and eliminated the waistband, finishing it with a lacy trim instead.  The fabric I used is leftover silky polyester jacquard I had used years ago for my green ball gown. I don't know why I chose polyester back then if I was trying to be historically accurate, but there are a lot of things I don't understand about what I did back in those days. Anyway, the point is, it's not as historically accurate as I'd prefer, but I do like the way it turned out in the end regardless of that. (Further note: besides being historically inaccurate, I never want to use that fabric again. It is an absolutely pain to work with because it slides and snags like crazy. It's gorgeous... but a pain.)

I named the item after Jane Austen (whose birthday it is today, by the way.)  I am playing with the idea of naming different doll outfits after various authors to give the shop a more literary turn (I must do something with my English major, right?)  What authors from various eras would you like to see represented?


On another note, I finally ordered some gorgeous 3.5 oz linen from Fabrics-Store.com, so it is time to start on my historical undergarments project. The question is, should I make more Regency clothes (continuing my theme from years ago) or dive into the colonial era?  What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts