30 Days of Sharing Historical Costuming Challenge

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been busy.

Over the holidays, I had quite a bit of time off of work (which was glorious and I wish it could have lasted forever), and I was able to sew a little bit every day. My first project flopped (a Regency-era doll dress for which I chose too thick a fabric) but I picked myself up and started again on a modern doll dress, modeled by my newest American Girl model, Addy, which My Love got me for Christmas because he is amazing and so supportive of my sewing and hobbies.


Isn't she gorgeous?  This dress is now available on my Etsy shop.

Besides that, I have been reading up a lot on 18th century undergarments. I think I am stalling because I am terrified to cut into my beautiful new 3.5 oz. linen from fabrics-store.com. I want it to be perfect, which is perhaps expecting too much of myself.  I am also still uncertain whether to go for creating a Regency or a Georgian wardrobe, though it just a chemise and therefore not really that much of a commitment.

I really should just make the first cut and get on with it.

Besides stalling on my shift/chemise project, I have been participating in Jennifer Rosbrugh's #sharinghistorical challenge on Instagram. It's been so fun so far. I enjoy posting myself, but most of all, I love seeing all the inspiration shared by others. Today the theme is Sewing Techniques, and I have already learned so much. Swing over to Instagram and search #sharinghistorical, if you haven't already. To see my posts, check out my Instagram at @thedashwoodsisters.


Hopefully, if I can get over my fear of cutting into my new linen fabric, you will be hearing from me again soon with actual historical sewing updates.

Yours,
Melanie/Elinor


Comments

OldFashionGirl said…
What a beautiful Addy, and I love the dress. What a nice fabric you bought for your chemise. I would encourage you to dive in and start working on it as soon as your next free sewing day comes around. I can;t wait to see your progress, especially as you have researched so much. Blessings, and best of sewing!

Popular Posts