Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Brown Striped Regency Dress for 18-inch Dolls

Here is the newest listing on Etsy-- that is, I'm working on getting it up right now but trying to write a nice description on it. ;-)

I actually wanted to make a Regency dress for myself in this fabric, but alas, there was not enough-- barely enough for the doll dress. ;-) But it worked! :-D I think it kind of resembles (not matches, but resembles) Anne Elliot's dress in this scene in Persuasion:
...even to the little puffed sleeves and long undersleeves.
Now to write up that description...

*photos taken by Margaret Dashwood*
*screencap taken from the film Persuasion*
:-)

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Ah! I used that same fabric to make my very first Regency dress like six years ago!

Your little dress is very sweet!

Lillian said...

It is so sweet!

Elinor Dashwood said...

Caroline,

Hey! That's neat! :-D The fabric really suits Regency, doesn't it? :-)

hannahjiejie said...

Oh goodness, it's so darling! Would you, could you, make one for me as well? Never mind, I'll just drink some of that yummy shrinking potion and become a doll. My sister's doll dresses are so much prettier than mine! Ah, the grass is always greener when it's not real =D

~Hannah

Teddy said...

Oh dear girl, it's gorgeous! I want one too! And hey, I just finished reading "Persusian" like two days ago! Kind of a coincidence....

Elinor Dashwood said...

Hannah and Teddy, I would love to make one for you both if you really wanted one! ;-) I don't know where to get the same kind of fabric though...

Teddy, That's neat that you just finished reading "Persuasion"! Isn't it a great story? :-D

Maiden Warrior said...

That is such a cute dress! My AG Felicity doll looks so beautiful in dresses and they are so modest!

Kelly Beth