I know I've been saying I felt overwhelmed by Christmas orders but when I got the email to do this one, well, I just couldn't say "no"!
A lady contacted me on Etsy and asked me to make a doll-sized version of Lucy's Coronation Gown and Cape!
Today I went to WalMart and JoAnn's and was able to find the fabric for it.
The original costume was probably made out of crepe (panne) velvet but I couldn't find it in that color, so I went with a similar looking fabric-- I don't even remember what it is, now. :-P The sleeves will be made of costume satin.
The cape will be made with a sari fabric from JoAnn's, lined with white lining. It's not quite the same shade, but it was close, and it looked royal to me. :-)
I also bought a rope trim to go around the cape and pearls for the neckline of the dress and for imitation buttons on the back.
I figured out how to thread my serger, which was very "motivating", so now I'm moving along more quickly on my Christmas sewing projects. That's a good feeling.
Last two images taken from The Wardrobe Door.