I got the fabric for my "Molly" dress!
Isn't it gorgeous??
We had a sort of mishap while cutting the fabric. I say "we", meaning myself and the lady at Walmart who was cutting the fabric. Every three or four yards there would be a new panel that had been cut off, or a stain or something. It was getting really frustrating. She had pulled out at least four, maybe five, seperate panels, none of them in the five complete yards that I needed. So I glanced at my yardage sheet (I was glad I had brought the pattern in!) and saw that I needed 1 1/2 yards for the short-sleeved bodice (I already had made the lining from white material so I didn't need that extra, thankfully) and AT LEAST two yards (more like two-and-a-half) for the skirt. So we finally decided to go with a panel that was two yards long, and a panel that as three yards long. I figured that would give me enough for the bodice on the two-yard panel and the skirt on the three-yard, with some left over, possibly for bias.
So here's the two panels:
BTW, today we went back to JoAnn's because I had forgotten to get hooks-and-eyes for my dress and boning for my new pair of stays. Most of you probably know Butterick patterns are on sale for $0.99 this week, so Amanda and I bought two new patterns: B4254 and B4377. Amanda has always wanted a "Belle" cape, and she loves medieval style, so she was excited about B4377. :-D
Hope that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord! :-)