I think....

...I might combine this dress...

....and this dress.

I know that doesn't make sense because they are from two totally different eras.  But what I mean is I might do it basically like Molly's dress but use the front closure option (like Bella's) instead of the back, because I'm not sure that I like the V-neckline without it buttoning down the front; it just looks a little bit blank.  What do you think?  Should I go ahead and do that?  And what material should I make it in?

Warning: This idea is liable to change and make way for another project, according to my mood when I am in the actual act of shopping for fabric.   But this is how it stands now. :-)

Now I'm off to work on another dress for Anna! :-D

Comments

Lillibeth said…
I think it sounds like a good idea:) Those are two very pretty dresses. Molly's yellow one is a favorite!
-Mrs. Humphrey from The Pleasant Times
Anonymous said…
Oh, what a neat idea!! That way you kinda get two dresses in one. Which sleeve do you think you will use? Look forward to updates!

Maggie S.
Gaby said…
The dresses look lovely!! I can not wait to see your final project!

Love,
Gabrielle
Maggie,
I'm not sure what sleeve I'll use. I had been thinking the leg'o'mutton sleeve like Molly's, but then I began to think, maybe I want to do a slimmer sleeve... but then it wouldn't be Romantic era anymore and would instead be an era I made up myself. ;-) What do you think I should do?

Popular Posts