A New Costume Study?

I've been feeling like working on my Wives and Daughters Costume Study lately but have lent our DVD out, and won't have it for another two or three weeks, as we'll be going out of town. While I am planning on continuing the study as soon as I get the DVD back, I was thinking I might get some screencap selections from another movie. What do you think?


BBC's new production of Jane Austen's Emma would probably be the funnest and easiest project, as I am more familiar with sewing Regency costumes than anything else. Since it's so new, too, and there are so many fun costumes...

I would also love to do one for Cranford and Return to Cranford. It wouldn't be too hard, either, as almost every character has only one or two outfits, it seems! :-P I wouldn't be able to give sewing tips or pattern ideas, however, as I really know very little about the 1840's.
Margaret has some beautiful dresses in North and South. Again, I could only screencap, as I don't know much about the 1850's either.
What do you think?

Comments

Gaby said…
Oh my!! I do not know which I would like! All of them. ;) I absolutely adore Mary Smith's clothes in Cranford... But Emma or North & South would be nice too...
Hanna-col said…
Oh, "Elinor" what horribly hard choice! I haven't seen all of the new Emma, but so far I love the costumes. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all the dresses in North and South and Cranford. Which one???
Anonymous said…
Oh,what a choice!! I've seen all three movies and they all have great dresses. I guess I'd vote for Cranford-It has the most practical ones in it. But I look forward to any and all you post!!

Maggie S
Teddy said…
Count my vote for Emma! Oooh, I love her dresses-my favorite is the flowered yellow one that she wears in the scene where Mr. Elton comes by and she and Harriet are painting and then for the proposal scene. :) Blue and yellow are sooooo pretty......
Teddy, I think the yellow and blue dress is my favorite too! :-D
the W. family said…
I think all three would be great! :)
~Alyssa
Rebecca Ann said…
I would love to see North and South as its one of my all time favorite era's of fashion history! I love the siloette of the period! I vote for Margaret's outfits!!!!
Unknown said…
Ooh, do the Emma one. I just watched it and loved the costumes. ;) There are plenty for N&S but I haven't seen any for Emma yet because it's such a new film.

Popular Posts