Anne of Green Gables Fashion Week: Day 5

Today for Bramblewood Fashion's Anne of Green Gables Fashion Event I am posting pictures of the 1914 Afternoon dress (available for purchase here) that was made for me two years ago. (Correct - I did not make it. :P)
***
The skirt of the dress was made from eyelet, which was actually pretty nice. The sash was actually from a bridesmaid's dress from my parents' wedding.
***
Back view
***
Anne might have worn a dress like this sometime between Anne of Avonlea (the movie) and The Continuing Story. (I'm not sure what the dates are in the books, because the only one of the books I have read is the first one. :S My bad.)
***
This picture makes me think of in the movie when Anne meets Diana's baby Fred. :)

"At first I wanted a girl, so I could call her Anne; but now I wouldn't trade baby Fred for a million girls!"

Comments

momawake said…
You most definitely should read the rest of the Anne books. There's only one that I didn't care for, but of course, now I don't remember which one it was. ;-)
Anonymous said…
Like the pictures, especially the last one!! :)
Hannah
Very elegant dress! The S&S afternoon dress pattern is definitely on my project "to-do" list, and it does remind me of Anne of Avonlea.

Happy sewing!

Katrina

Popular Posts