Apology :-P

I am sorry for our ridiculous lack of posts lately. :-)  Last week we were REAAAAAAALLLLLY busy helping at VBS at church and other stuff during the day, and I haven't had much time for sewing.  Several weeks ago, I made a top for "Margaret" and a new skirt for me, but we haven't had a chance to get pictures yet.  Hopefully we will soon.  (We just need to take the time to do it. :-) )

Meanwhile, here's a picture of last week's thrift store find.  A gorgeous crinoline/petticoat that I got for $5!!

I love it and can't wait to wear it under some of the dresses that I'm planning to make. ;-)  (No, I won't be wearing it the way I am in those pictures-- I'll be wearing it under something.  The shirt in the pictures is for modesty. :-) )  Anyway-- I love it!  It is so PUFFY and FULL!!!  And I'm so glad I don't have to make one now.  I think one yard of the netting would have cost the same price that I bought the whole crinoline for. :-P

While I'm at it, here are pictures of the house we visited last week.  It's about as close as I can get to visiting an English estate without going to England. ;-)  Isn't it beautiful?  It reminded me of Pemberley and some of my friends of Sense & Sensibility. :-)

Comments

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, especially since I'm a Christian, a big Jane Austen fan, and I have 3 daughters of my own. :) They are 6, 4, and 2 right now. It makes watching Sense and Sensibility so much more enjoyable! Thanks for all your great posts and information. :)
Hannah
Gaby said…
Oooo, the poofy-ness! :D Love it!

Where is that house? It is lovely!

much love,
Gabrielle
Utter gorgeousness...I am so going back... :)
Anonymous said…
That's so neat, Elinor! I love thrift stores. :D

Popular Posts