A Jumper for Kaylyn

Today I finished a jumper for one of the girls in the family I am staying with this month.

Pattern Description: Simplicity 9846, View A

Pattern Sizing: Girl Size 8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Pretty much so; except one portion regarding the placket for the skirt confused me a little bit, and I had to go by what I thought it meant and comparing it with another jumper made from that pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It's a cute and pretty easy pattern. I liked it for the most part, except that I prefer a full-bodice lining, and this only had pieces around the neckline and armholes.

Fabric Used: strawberry-print seersucker material from JoAnn's

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Instead of doing a contrast fabric trim on the front opening and the hem, I used the same fabric for the front opening and lengthened the skirt piece. I also tacked down the armhole facing and stitched the neckline facing down so it would be easier for Kaylyn to put it on.
Would you sew it again? I don't know... maybe. :-)

Would you recommend it to others? I would!

Comments

Johanna said…
Beautiful Job Ladies!
Love the fabric. I did a skirt this past winter for a little friend with some fabric from the same line. http://happymom4.xanga.com/721399028/done--and-snow/ I also made a coordinating skirt for her "My Twinn" doll that I blogged about a day or two later.
Anonymous said…
It's pretty! I like it!

Popular Posts