A Dress for "Marianne"....

 EXTRA! EXTRA!
Elinor reembarks on the ship of historical costuming.

Or perhaps, "big" projects.

"Marianne" is going to be playing the piano at a wedding next week and wanted a new dress to wear for it.  Doubtless, she will have even more need of a fancy dress in the upcoming months. Anyway, so I have the responsibility of making this dress for her by next week.


Marianne was so kind as to cut out all the pattern pieces for me (thank you, kind Marianne!) but  I get to sew it.

Of course, the fabric is purple because that is Colonel Brandon's (who???) favorite color.  Well, it's also the colors of the wedding she'll be playing at. 

I did not take time to make a mock-up (my bad, I know), but I did pin the pieces to her and figured out any alterations I'll need to make.  I'll post pictures of my progress, and of course, of the finished product.  

Have a wonderful day and keep cool!  (It's so un-autumnly hot here!!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see it! :D That pattern looks pretty!
Lily said…
Yes, I can't wait to see the finished dress!

It has been quite hot where I am too!

~Lily
I am so excited to see how it will turn out!
I can't wait to see the finished dress! I've made up that pattern before. It is a very simple. =) And guess what!?!? I'm making a formal for myself in the very same fabric color! =)

~Ashley
Ana said…
I seriously have this pattern! :) I've never made it though. :( I'm excited to see what it's actually supposed to look like. :) I'm sure it will be beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Please post pictures of the finished dress!! The fabric is so pretty, and the pattern looks beautiful!

~Samantha
Elinor,
I can't wait to see your progress. The pattern is beautiful!
Your sister in Christ,
Liz Darcy
BILL HUNT said…
Margaret, Marianne, Elinor, and MaMa!
Your site is charming. But I'm not into dresses. I am into the Lord! Please visit my site and join my Followers.
CornerRetreat.blogspot.com
Live the Blessing Life!
In Jesus,
Bill
momawake said…
Hope the sewing goes well. Looking forward to pics.
Brooke O'Shea said…
Hm, this post seems to hold more than just the dress. I could be reading into things to deeply but...very interesting.
Anyway, the dress is going to be quite lovely! The colour is beautiful and I like that style. Happy sewing and good luck to "Marianne" as she plays at the wedding!
Through Christ,
LH
Lady Helen Mar,

Very observant of you! ;-) I was wondering when someone was going to notice there was more to the post then just sewing... ;-) Hopefully soon we'll put up a post explaining it in more detail. :-D

~Elinor :-)
Elinor,
I was wondering if you'd be interested in guessing on my "guess that movie quote" post. I'd love to you and "Marianne," "Margeret," and your "Mama" to participate.
Your sister in Christ,
Liz Darcy
Teddy said…
I want it.


Very mature of me. ;-)
Brooke O'Shea said…
I cannot wait for that post, as my imagination can run quite rampant.
Through Christ,
LH

Popular Posts