I finished the dress for the first order today and have just a little ways to go on the doll dress. Here it is:
I will be making another one of these for S's best friend once I get the fabric for it. The doll dresses are also matching (I made the T-shirt piece for the doll dresses from the fabric I cut off from the bottom of the main T).
Today I also made the mock-up for my Regency gown for the ball. This is the movie gown I decided to re-make. It is so beautiful!
I'm altering the main pattern (Simplicity 4055, View A) so that it has a darted front instead of gathered; I am also adding a waistband and raising the neckline and inch or two. I noticed that the sleeves in Jane's dress in the picture above appear to have a sheer material overlay, and I did not buy any fabric to do that; and the fabric seems to have an imprinted design, and my fabric doesn't have the either, but the basic construction will be the same, and the color similar. (The camera did not capture the color accurately; it is a deeper green than the pictures show.)
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!