Simplicity 3750 ~ finally posting about it!

I made this top several months ago for Margaret (I believe I made it in July) and keep on forgetting to post about it. Well, now I'm posting about it. 

Pattern Description: Simplicity 3750, View C

Pattern Sizing: Size 14 (I think)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? not really. Because of the alterations I made, it ended up looking kind of different.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, quite easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the style-- the higher waist and the gathered top are really cute. It was also an easy pattern to work with. 

Fabric Used: It's been a while so I don't remember what it is called... I think it's one of the Silky Prints fabrics at JoAnn Fabrics.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I added three or four inches to the top and an inch to the bottom of the front bodice piece. Later I realized I didn't need to add that extra inch on the bottom... oh well. I also widened the skirt piece a little because it was very snug in the hips.

Would you sew it again? Yes. I actually have a top in this style cut out for myself, but for some reason unknown to myself I haven't gotten to work sewing it yet.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes! It's a lovely pattern and the result is very cute! It's also a pretty easy pattern, and the most you have to worry about is it fitting correctly (make a mock-up first!).



(Of course, as usual, Kitty just had to make it into the photoshoot. :-) )

Comments

Rebecca Ann said…
I love the style of this top and the skirt she is wearing is also beautiful! lovely sewing job as usual! I love the inspiration for fall sewing. I plan to sew up a wool coat and some skirts, pants, and night gowns. But we shall see how far I get. :)

In Christ,
Rebecca
Anonymous said…
Ooh! I really like it! It goes very well with Margaret! Maybe that should be one of my next sewing projects!
-Esther-
Kelly said…
Lovely Elinor! I like those styles of tops, though my personalty I prefer tunics and jeans (Which are very cute together). I've not sewn in so long! I'm not very good and I prefer knitting and crocheting clothes.

Popular Posts