1890s Doily

The pattern for this doily I got from an Old-Time Crochet magazine, and the editors of that magazine got it from an 1890 magazine. :)

***Top view*********
***Edge***
***
This doily ended up being about 10 inches wide. It was supposed to be 8 1/2 inches, but I had to use size 10 thread instead of 20 because I didn't have size 20. :P

The most challenging part was those boxes in the middle. I had to do them three times in order to get the first two to point the correct direction, but I did master it! :)

I'm looking forward to making another one of these. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like it!
Hannah
Teddy said…
It's beautiful!!!! I can't imagine how you are always making such things...it's not exactly "my thing". :)
juli said…
That is sooooo amazing! I LOVE it!!!!
The Reynolds said…
whoa... wow... what detailed work! Way to go Amanda! You can come do a teaching class here sometime!:)Amy
Anonymous said…
That's pretty!

Popular Posts