Latest Project!


My first Edwardian (1909 "Beatrix) skirt!
Pattern Description: 1909 "Beatrix" skirt pattern from Sense & Sensibility, based off of an original 1909 pattern. I chose the walking skirt option with the pleated back.

Pattern Sizing: I cut size...10... I think (:-P) My waist measurement is not line with my regular measurements. :-P

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it? Yes it did!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Oh goodness, yes! They were wonderful.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the different options you can choose from, and I love the way it fits. While it is perfectly historical, it can also be worn around as modern wear without drawing a lot of attention but still being old-fashioned and elegant.

Fabric Used: twill from JoAnn's

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I attached the placket before I did the waistband... I think that's the only thing I did different.

Would you sew it again? Not only would I, but will I! Definitely. (For myself and for my sisters. :-) )

Would you recommend it to others? That's a given. I recommend all of Sense and Sensibility's patterns!! :-)
By the way, I did not make the vest; a friend from church did. I had never worn it before, and while getting ready for our concert today, I suddenly remembered it and thought, "Hey! I wonder how that would look!" I really liked how the combo turned out. :-)

Comments

Holly said…
Very lovely and feminine!
Amy Jo said…
That looks really nice! You must have alot of patience to sew stuff like that! Good job, I like the look! :)
Anonymous said…
It looks good, Melanie! I like that second-to-last picture, especially.
Gaby said…
I LOVE it, Melanie! I've been sewing vests! :D

~Gabrielle
Ana said…
Pretty, pretty! Well done.
Rebecca Ann said…
Its beautiful Melanie! I also love mine, I used the 1910 walking skirt from folkwear though and its basically the same! I love the shape of this type of skirt!

Oh and I love your vest as well! did you make or where did you buy it? I really want a vest that is elegant and can go with a lot of things! I love them!
Rebecca,
A friend of mine from church made the vest. I asked her which pattern she used but she couldn't remember. These might be similar though:
http://www.simplicity.com/p-2095-misses-lined-vests.aspx
http://www.simplicity.com/p-1779-misses-lined-vest-hat-and-wristlet.aspx
:-)
I love vests too! :-)
Rebecca Ann said…
Oh thank you so much Elinor! Yes vests are great! I will have to look into getting one of these patterns! Maybe for christmas!!?
Teddy said…
Way cool! It's so pretty and being a "Beatrix Skirt" it's irresistable!!! :)

Popular Posts